Sunday, November 04, 2007

Random Obeservations

Just some thoughts from a Midwestern girl in the big city:

- LA is HUGE. Like big, large, enormous. You think a city is big, and then you start to see it. The amount of space this city takes up is crazy. I realized this when DJ and I took a night drive off the 405 onto Mulhollund and saw the Valley. The San Fernando Vally engulfed the night sky....it was lights as far as the eye could see. This was ONLY THE VALLEY. What the??!!

- I miss my friends. To those of you who know me, I miss you. Even though I may not have seen you often in Minneapolis, I miss having folks to have a beer with.

- Working from home is much less glamorous than it sounds. Going to the grocery store has become an event for me (with makeup and all!).

- The apartment is coming together. Kitchen is painted and I am now cooking in our kitchen. enough to feel at home





It works, but I do miss my old condo at times. Here is my old kitchen




Funny thing is, you do find a way to cook in less space.

No comments: