Friday, October 06, 2006

Salad Toss?

Ok, first of all, my job is seriously like an episode of "The Office".

My job is implementation/project management/sales service. This week happened to be National Customer Service Week. Telecom Giant Inc made a big deal with sending out posters and giving us these cheesy t-shirts to wear. Wed local management has a lunch for us customer service folks. Hey it's a free lunch.

Two co-workers and I head up around noon, hungry, ready to see what is for lunch. We walk into the conference room and look at the goods.

Our "appreciation lunch" consisted of the following:
  • A bowl of lettuce, mostly iceberg, with a few pieces of romaine
  • A small bowl of dressing packets
  • A side plate of some cut meats and cheeses.
  • Some deserts you could tell that were purchased at Costco. My co-worker said the chocolate cake thingy tasted like freezer burn.

We saw this and looked around, assuming there were sandwiches that went with the salad. There wasn't.

Delightful.

We ate our salads while we listened to our director had a recognition call. She sounded like the fake cheerleader.

Yeah.

The best part I was in my cube later and we were joking about the lunch. A sales guy that sits right next to me asked if we had tossed salads.

My response back. "They didn't even toss our salads, We had to toss our own salads"

Mouth open insert foot. It was pretty funny though (assuming you get the other meaning)

No comments: