Thursday, January 03, 2008

I know this is completely unoriginal

but here are my 2008 resolutions. I actually am not a fan of resolutions..so let's phrase it as "things to strive for"
  • To try and be more compassionate and less judgemental, with myself and others.
  • I know I tried this last year and failed, but I want to try again. I think that if you truly practice gratefullness in what you have, you won't want as much and you will find yourself happier. I also would like to spend less money and hopefully this exercise will help with that. I think I need to work on regularly recognizing the good things I have in my life. I am a lucky, lucky girl and I need to give open thanks for that more often.
  • To stick to my budget- yep, I created one. No, I haven't been great at sticking to it. I will make a concious effort at spending less.
  • To decide on some large/slash long term goals and life my life to meet those goals- Hopefully this makes sense. I generally am happy with my life. There are a couple of things I really want...1- to travel 2- to be free of consumer debt. Ideally, I would like to take 1 "big" vacation a year. We have been doing that. I have been saving for that. That all is good. I would also like to travel around California and the Western US now that I live here. We can "hopefully" do that cheaply. I need to figure this out, if this will fit into goal #2. Getting rid of consumer debt is difficult, but it can be done. I need to really think about going out for dinners, movies, things like that. I love to cook at home, and that's great. I also have decided to keep my Bar Method classes up since they also contribute to who I want to be (a fit and healthy person). It's all a trade off, a balance. I need to figure out that balance. I am interested in doing this exercise this month and may start blogging about it. I think it will help with my mind set.
I think that's enough. I have some other things I am working on this year..so this will be plenty.

No comments: