Friday, January 04, 2008

Wac like a Duck

I've had a great evening here at Chez California. A few weeks ago, I started messing around in my iTunes library, meaning to create a playlist that I would burn for a few friends for the holidays.

Well, we all know the holidays have passed. Obviously that didn't happen.

I picked up again on it tonight. I've got my playlist completed and have been listening to it. 51 songs in total. I don't listen to music enough. I love music, always have and I have somehow forgotten that way that music can make you feel...it can take you away to a different place...kind of a lot like reading a book. Music often strikes strong emotions in me. It stirs up that creative vibe in me and I dig it.

Anyway, I've had a great time working on album cover art and just messing around with it.

For those of you (probably most of you) the title is the name of some tape mixes (gosh remember tapes) that a roommate and I used to make. For those of you who don't know my nickname was Duck for about 10 years of my life, her last name was Wacholz. There the cheesy name Wac like a Duck was born. We used to sit around our apartment, get drunk on boxed wine, thinking we were all classy and throw in song after song and sing. I miss that.


P.S. For any of you 4 readers who might want a copy of said CD, just drop me an e-mail at mplsmel@gmail.com. I'll be happy to make extra and send them out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow...what memories that brngs back> thanks duck...tm