Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Thoughts on 2007

I have been doing some thinking about the past year, as I always do when it closes. 2007 was good year, but it was also a tough year. Tougher than I am used to having. I was challenged a lot this year and for a girl that has the natural tendency to stay in her "comfort zone" it was tough on me. But I am glad I was challenged, because without challenges one doesn't grow.

Since I like lists here are some things that come to mind when I think of 2007, the good and bad.
  • Vacation- Belize Feb 2007. What a fan-fucking-tastic time. We couldn't have traveled better with the folks we went with and it was a great experience. Ate tons of ceviche (yum). Caught some great fish and went skydiving for the first time!


  • Moving to LA-

One of the toughest things I can recall doing in a long time. I was convinced I was ready for it, but being the creature of habit I am, it disrupted me more then I expected it to. Steve left almost 4 months before me, that was tough, we had to find homes for all 3 of our cats, which was horribly rough. I had to leave a home and friends I loved to go to a new unknown place. For as much as I hate the weather, I love that I know Minneapolis and I was comfortable there. I didn't realize how much I was used to the people I knew and my daily surroundings. Not that this is all bad, I was complacent and did want to shake things up a bit. Moving definitely did that. I am finally feeling settled here in LA, but I do miss my friends. It takes a long time to build friendships like the ones I had at home. I don't miss the weather one bit though....it's currently 69 and sunny here. Back in Minneapolis it is a balmy 4 degrees.

  • Moe- Moe is my kitty. I love her terribly. She almost died this year. It was really rough on me. She had fatty liver disease, which takes a lot of time to treat. After her diagnosis, we decided to put in a feeding tube. I then had to come home and feed her through a feeding tube 3 times a day. We had our ups and downs with it, there were times I thought I would have to put her down, but she thankfully made a full recovery. This took the majority of my time and a LOT of money, that made the summer very stressful. After this, I moved her to LA. I then later had to part with her and leave her with my mom. Unfortunately the apartment we found doesn't accept pets and after trying to sneak her in, we got caught. She is now happily in Florida with my mom and enjoying outdoor access and life there. I really miss her, but am happy she is well and with my mom.
Moe when she was sick with tube:


Healthy Moe


  • I am grateful for the changes this year. I have been drinking less, exercising more and have made some other steps to improve myself, which I won't discuss here. Personally, I feel I am headed in a good direction. I also am very happy to be in a cool city and am excited to get out more in it. I am very very happy to be here with DJ.
Overall, I am thankful for the year I had and the challenges I faced, ,but I am ready for a more relaxed 2008!

No comments: